all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Memory Usage
@ 2017-02-22 19:37 Rodger Fox
From: Rodger Fox @ 2017-02-22 19:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

What is the typical memory usage of a GuixSD system?
I can't seem to get mine below 5GiB, according to top.
This is when I stop Xorg and most system services, including networking
and such, and just log in to a plain terminal with nothing but top
running. Is this normal?
The numbers listed per process in top don't even add up to that, but it
reports the total being high. Also, icecat uses a 1000m and
gnome-terminal uses 500m.
This seems wrong to me, but I'm not sure. In my session right now it is
reporting over 14GiB of memory use. I don't know why it should be so
high.

-Rodger

[parent not found: <mailman.54514.1487943211.22740.guix-devel@gnu.org>]