We're working through a list of feedback one item at a time: https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2024-01/msg00117.html We have completed the first five items. The sixth item was fixed already in https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/commit/?id=cb3f833aaa5326e653b128bfd7b13d553f7c2a47 The next item reported is: #+begin_quote 6.7 L37 true for Guix System as well? The result of running ‘guix pull’ is a “profile” available under ‘~/.config/guix/current’ containing the latest Guix. Thus, make sure to add it to the beginning of your search path so that you use the latest version, and similarly for the Info manual (*note Documentation::): export PATH="$HOME/.config/guix/current/bin:$PATH" export INFOPATH="$HOME/.config/guix/current/share/info:$INFOPATH" #+end_quote As far as I know, exporting like this is only necessary on foreign distros. The attached patch makes this explicit. It also provides information for people unfamiliar with the concept of a "search path" or how shells work by suggesting the exports be added to .bashrc and tries to clarify the consequences of not doing this. Unnecessary words were struck to reduce the overall word count. According to M-x count-words-region, the patch adds only 6 words (which is less than the 7 needed for "users of Guix on a foreign distro", itself hard to reduce).