---- On Fri, 23 Feb 2024 10:18:33 +0100 Adam McCartney wrote --- > > 2. Would one of you readers be interested by being technical writer? > > 3. Any for improving the documentation? I'm always interested in improving the Guix documentation. > I'm quite new to guix, so reading through many docs for the first time and > trying out various workflows. I'm taking notes on the various things that work. I like this approach of someone new reading through the documentation, taking notes on errors and challenges, and providing a list of findings. I'm currently working through a thread where someone did just this and we're working through the points one at a time[1]. [1]: https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2024-01/msg00117.html > In the past I've enjoyed using tutorials like "vimtutor" or emacs' "M-x > help-with-tutorial" when trying to break the ice with a completely new piece of > software. Writing something similar for guix might be fun? I think a series of case studies which walk through increasingly difficult packaging processes would be a good idea. It would give new users insight into what the packaging process looks like, would identify common tricks that work across packages, and would highlight problems in the documentation. I created a template a while back which uses GNU Hello: https://codeberg.org/excalamus/guix-packaging-tutorial/src/branch/master/guix-packaging-tutorial.org#user-content-headline-13 Last month, I started writing a case study for packaging posh, the Policy-compliant Ordinary SHell. It's incomplete yet will hopefully will give a clearer idea of what I'm thinking. I've attached it to this email.