zimoun schreef op di 28-06-2022 om 18:21 [+0200]: > And… as I wrote [1]: > >         I agree; we cannot fix the world. ;-) In the case of patch#55541, the >         issues of cross-compilation can be reported directly to upstream and >         another Debbugs number could be open. > > 1: > > > The bug is not ignored, to the contrary. It is -- where's the bug report upstream or a fix? > But it is not a blocker for patch inclusion and so patch#55541 can be closed. It is a blocker -- as previousy mentioned, upstream doesn't even know about the bug. > You are free, as the reviewer, to open a report for Guix pointing the > issue of cross-compilation of ’azpainter’; As mentioned previously, that is not reviewing, and I don't have time to fix the world. I have other things to do than only acting on guix- patches@. Also, as mentioned previously, can't a reviewer do a partial review? Why the insistence on the reviewer -- isn't making a proper patch the submitter's job, not the reviewer's? > Well, you and me spend more time in discussing that than in just > reporting the issue. ;-) Yes, but if I just give in and report the issue after other insist I do it, then I create the expectation that I'll just do everything. I refuse, I insist on being allowed to quit doing something and start doing other things. (So TBC, I won't be doing that.) > Ultimately, nothing is perfect and people are doing their best with > their resource at hand; at least, I do my best with the resource at > my hands. I would be more than happy if more people would try to > sort, classify or fix the old bugs. Maybe, you will join the effort > ? I would have more time for that if we refused patches with issues like this one and did not insist on letting the reviewer do the submittter's job. Greetings, Maxime.