Evgenii Lepikhin schreef op vr 01-04-2022 om 01:30 [+0300]: > nom-7.0 is not forward compatible with nom-7.1. I need 7.1 for future > contributions and this is why I added it into patchset. Related: to reduce duplication, you can do (define-public rust-nom-7.1 (package (inherit rust-nom-7) [...])) that way, you can ‘copy’ the synopsis of rust-nom-7 without writing it down again. Also, if semver is used here, nom-7.0 is compatible with nom-7.1 (not sure about the terminology here -- forwards? backwards?, but updating it shouldn't cause any problems if semver is followed correctlu). > In developer's manifest of nom-7.1 dependency on rust-minimal-lexical > has been updated from 0.1 to 0.2. For both versions dependencies on > exact versions on rust-minimal-lexical are pinned by crate developers > and we cannot change it at will We can do that, with some 'substitute*'. It is not guaranteed that it will actually build, but there's a good chance that it will. Or that it fails. Hard to say in advance. See, e.g., rust-version-sync@0.8. Greetings, Maxime.