Am 17.03.2018 um 11:07 schrieb Ricardo Wurmus: > >> - sys.prefix and sys.exec_prefix would still point to the store, not to >> the profile. This might break Python appications expecting >> site-packages to be below sys.prefix. > Is this an actual problem? Do you know of applications that make this > assumption? If so, is this unfixable? I'm not aware of any actual problem. > I’m not too hopeful about this variant, but I’m rather ignorant about > venvs. My main concern is about whether it will still be possible for > users to create venvs from a subset of their installed packages when we > generate a pyvenv.cfg by default. venvs never contain a "subset of installed packages". They either include all system site-packages or none of them. But as I've already written, generating a pyvenv.cfg for this case will not work as we need it. -- Regards Hartmut Goebel | Hartmut Goebel | h.goebel@crazy-compilers.com | | www.crazy-compilers.com | compilers which you thought are impossible |