Hi Ricardo, thanks for you feedback. The closure changes from 223.7 MiB to 224.5 MiB. The patches attached apply cleanly to core-updates and split the change into two components. Cheers, Mark On Sun, Dec 17, 2017, at 07:31, Ricardo Wurmus wrote: > > Hi Mark, > > > this patch adds HTTP/2 support to curl, this is a prerequisite to > > closing bug#29733. I am aware that this will trigger about 2500 rebuilt > > packages, but having HTTP/2 in curl seems to be worth the hassle. > > We would make this change on the core-updates branch to avoid disrupting > the availability of substitutes, so rebuilding a large number of > packages is not a big problem. Does this patch apply on top of > core-updates? > > About the patch: it would be better to separate the two changes. One > commit would add the nghttp2 package, the other would modify the curl > package. Could you please split the patch? > > Since curl is used by a great number of packages we need to pay > attention to the size of the closure. How does adding nghttp2 to curl > affect the size of the closure of the curl package? (You can check with > “guix size”.) > > -- > Ricardo > > GPG: BCA6 89B6 3655 3801 C3C6 2150 197A 5888 235F ACAC > https://elephly.net > > -- Mark Meyer mark@ofosos.org