Questions for Section 2.6.2 Name Service Switch * How do I run ncsd on Trisquel? * Should I get ncsd from APT or Guix? * How do I make sure ncsd is "listening on the /var/run/nscd/socket socket"? Questions for Section 2.6.3 X11 Fonts * Trisquel does not have xset * Should I get xset from APT or Guix? Setting Environment Variables The manual instructs users on foreign distros to export environment variables. Doing this in the shell makes the changes temporary. Where should these changes be made permanent? (It is bad practice to put environment variables in .bashrc.) Integration with Trisquel Is there a way to make Trisquel's GNOME and its main menu aware of programs installed with Guix? When to Use APT Which of the following should be installed by Guix, and which should be installed by APT? Is there a way to install everything with Guix? Packages marked with * indicate that APT may be needed for integration with the foreign system. mps-youtube youtube-dl youtube-dl-gui mumble hexchat gajim icecat password-store git onionshare tor* git-crypt ghc-pandoc fcitx fcitx-configtool hplip* redshift lilypond noweb texlive audacity stow