On 2016-07-01 17:50:50 -0400, Leo Famulari wrote: > Thanks for this patch! Thanks for pointing out all my mistakes! :) > > +(define-public alot > > > + (uri (string-append "https://github.com/pazz/alot/archive/" > > + version ".tar.gz")) > > When possible, we prefer to use PyPi for downloading Python source code. > But in this case, I don't see version 0.3.7 on PyPi, so we'll use > GitHub. Maybe I'll poke the devs about this. > > + (synopsis "Commandline MUA using notmuch and urwid") > > How about "Command-line mail client using @code{notmuch} and > @code{urwid}"? I'm not sure if the synopses support texinfo markup, > while I know the descriptions do. $ guix package --show=alot | grep synopsis synopsis: Commandline MUA using @code{notmuch} and @code{urwid} I guess no markup support in the synopsis, I'll just trim it down to: "Commandline MUA using notmuch" It uses python-urwid inasmuch as it uses python-twisted, but it's (to me) primarily known for its usage of the notmuch mail indexing system and for being written in python. I'll poke the devs and come back with a new patch if necessary. > > + (description > > + "Alot is an experimental terminal MUA based on notmuch mail. It is > > +written in python using the urwid toolkit.") > > Can you unpack 'MUA' and wrap notmuch and urwid in texinfo as above? Still including the 'MUA' abbreviation because I think it is common enough. Some linting: $ EVERYTHING_EXCEPT_CVE=description,gnu-description,inputs-should-be-native,patch-file-names,home-page,license,source,source-file-name,derivation,synopsis,formatting $ guix lint -c $EVERYTHING_EXCEPT_CVE alot python{2,}-urwidtrees $ echo $? 0 (CVE checker takes too long, I'm using slow wifi from a café) Finally, I'll say that I do use it, and it does build and work correctly. Troy