all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Guix package wishlist on libreplanet.org
@ 2014-09-05 13:11 David Thompson
From: David Thompson @ 2014-09-05 13:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Hello all,

Yesterday, some of us folks on the #guix IRC channel decided to create a
wiki page that lists software that people would like to see packaged.

You can find the list here:
http://libreplanet.org/wiki/Group:Guix/Wishlist

If you want to package something but not sure what, take a look at the
wishlist for some good ideas.

It's a wiki, so feel free to add your own wishlist items, too!

--
David Thompson
Web Developer - Free Software Foundation - http://fsf.org

* Re: Guix package wishlist on libreplanet.org
@ 2014-09-10 17:54 ` Andreas Enge
From: Andreas Enge @ 2014-09-10 17:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Thompson; +Cc: guix-devel

On Fri, Sep 05, 2014 at 09:11:15AM -0400, David Thompson wrote:
> Yesterday, some of us folks on the #guix IRC channel decided to create a
> wiki page that lists software that people would like to see packaged.

Nice initiative!

> You can find the list here:
> http://libreplanet.org/wiki/Group:Guix/Wishlist

fetchmail was packaged by me almost a year ago, and I am using it since.

Andreas

* Re: Guix package wishlist on libreplanet.org
@ 2014-09-10 17:57   ` Thompson, David
From: Thompson, David @ 2014-09-10 17:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas Enge; +Cc: guix-devel

On Wed, Sep 10, 2014 at 1:54 PM, Andreas Enge <andreas@enge.fr> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 05, 2014 at 09:11:15AM -0400, David Thompson wrote:
>> Yesterday, some of us folks on the #guix IRC channel decided to create a
>> wiki page that lists software that people would like to see packaged.
>
> Nice initiative!

Thanks!

>> You can find the list here:
>> http://libreplanet.org/wiki/Group:Guix/Wishlist
>
> fetchmail was packaged by me almost a year ago, and I am using it since.

If you would be so kind as to remove it from the list, that would be great. :)

- Dave

* Re: Guix package wishlist on libreplanet.org
@ 2014-09-10 18:20     ` Andreas Enge
From: Andreas Enge @ 2014-09-10 18:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thompson, David; +Cc: guix-devel

On Wed, Sep 10, 2014 at 01:57:49PM -0400, Thompson, David wrote:
> If you would be so kind as to remove it from the list, that would be great. :)

Do I need an account on libreplanet, or does one of my existing gnu or
savannah accounts work? I was under the impression I needed a separate one
and not motivated to create it...

Andreas

* Re: Guix package wishlist on libreplanet.org
@ 2014-09-10 18:32       ` Jason Self
From: Jason Self @ 2014-09-10 18:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Andreas Enge said:
> Do I need an account on libreplanet, or does one of my existing gnu or
> savannah accounts work? I was under the impression I needed a
separate one
> and not motivated to create it...
>
> Andreas

My understanding is that the LibrePlanet wiki uses single sign on so
if you have an account in the fsf.org domain that should work. Sadly,
Savannah isn't included in single sign on. Perhaps that can be fixed
some day...

* Re: Guix package wishlist on libreplanet.org
@ 2014-09-10 19:36       ` Thompson, David
From: Thompson, David @ 2014-09-10 19:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas Enge; +Cc: guix-devel

On Wed, Sep 10, 2014 at 2:20 PM, Andreas Enge <andreas@enge.fr> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 10, 2014 at 01:57:49PM -0400, Thompson, David wrote:
>> If you would be so kind as to remove it from the list, that would be great. :)
>
> Do I need an account on libreplanet, or does one of my existing gnu or
> savannah accounts work? I was under the impression I needed a separate one
> and not motivated to create it...
>
> Andreas

Are you an FSF member?  You should be able to login with your member
account.  We use CAS authentication for single sign-on niceness.

Anyway, I just went ahead and removed fetchmail.

* Re: Guix package wishlist on libreplanet.org
@ 2014-09-10 19:54         ` Andreas Enge
From: Andreas Enge @ 2014-09-10 19:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thompson, David; +Cc: guix-devel

On Wed, Sep 10, 2014 at 03:36:12PM -0400, Thompson, David wrote:
> Anyway, I just went ahead and removed fetchmail.

Very well, thanks!

Andreas

* Re: Guix package wishlist on libreplanet.org
@ 2014-09-10 20:52   ` Omar Radwan
       [not found]     ` <ad5e31f0-8cea-4f6a-b4cf-4d0f79805e7c@email.android.com>
From: Omar Radwan @ 2014-09-10 20:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas Enge, guix-devel

Why isn't the HURD on there?

@ 2014-09-10 21:04     ` David Thompson
       [not found]     ` <ad5e31f0-8cea-4f6a-b4cf-4d0f79805e7c@email.android.com>
From: David Thompson @ 2014-09-10 21:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Omar Radwan, Andreas Enge, guix-devel

On September 10, 2014 4:52:32 PM EDT, Omar Radwan <toxemicsquire4@gmail.com> wrote:
>Why isn't the HURD on there?

Because you haven't added it yet. :)

@ 2014-09-10 21:54       ` David Thompson
From: David Thompson @ 2014-09-10 21:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Omar Radwan, Andreas Enge, guix-devel

David Thompson <dthompson2@worcester.edu> writes:

> On September 10, 2014 4:52:32 PM EDT, Omar Radwan <toxemicsquire4@gmail.com> wrote:
>>Why isn't the HURD on there?
>
> Because yo

This is what happens when you try send email from a phone on the subway!