Hello, Guix! I have been trying to update the Hurd packages to their latest commits in the hopes that I can eventually get networking with netdde functioning. In , I got something that seemed to be working at first (at least it progressed farther than the status quo at the time), but eventually I got an error that seemed related to Mig, which I had not updated in that patch set. Updating Mig required a more recent glibc than what was available in Guix at the time, so I worked on to update glibc. Now that the recent glibc is on core-updates, I picked up my work once again. I updated the packages to the latest commits, and updated Mig! However, I ran into an issue while trying to build a system image. The issue is that GMP fails to cross‐compile during the ‘configure’ phase becase the cross‐compiling ‘g++’ is not functional. When checking whether ‘g++’ can compile executables during ‘configure’, ‘g++’ is unable to link the executables because some ‘pthread_*’ symbols required by libstdc++ are missing from libc. And when checking using ‘readelf’, they are indeed missing from the cross‐built libc, which instead contains similar ‘__pthread_*’ symbols. I don’t know for sure what the issue is, but I highly suspect libstdc++ is being compiled against the native glibc headers, rather than the cross‐built glibc headers like it should. Note: Currently, trying to cross‐build packages from core‐updates for the Hurd will fail while compiling glibc, since the Hurd package is too outdated for that version of glibc. I’ll attach a diff (for core-updates) with the updated Hurd packages to this email. To verify the behavior I’m describing, try running: - - - - - ./pre-inst-env guix build --target=i586-pc-gnu gmp - - - - - Any kind of assistance would be appreciated! Thanks in advance.