I've noticed that several methods of opening a "login shell" do not result in the XDG_RUNTIME_DIR (/run/user/) being created; and also don't result in a session appearing in the output of `loginctl`: * `mosh` * `sudo -i loginctl` * `su -l ` * `login` I mentioned in another message that I'm hoping to write a system shepherd service that will start a user-level shepherd service. But a user-level shepherd services won't run without the XDG_RUNTIME_DIR (or some other explicitly-chosen suitable directory, but I'd prefer not to deviate from the defaults, if I could instead understand what's going on). Does anyone know why this would happen, or how to fix it? I'm using the elogind service on top of %base-services.