Leo, Leo Famulari wrote on 15/12/17 at 20:17: > On Thu, Dec 14, 2017 at 10:37:21PM +0100, Tobias Geerinckx-Rice wrote: >> * gnu/packages/compression.scm (lunzip): New public variable. > > If the closure of this package is smaller than that of lzip, perhaps we > could use it instead as the default LZ decompressor when building > packages. Indeed! I was thinking the same thing :-) A performance comparison of all these implementations was on my to-do list for the weekend, but might be delayed by mandatory holiday cheer. Kind regards, T G-R