Hi, Le vendredi 05 août 2022 à 00:14 +0200, Ludovic Courtès a écrit : > ‘guix build openssl --target=x86_64-w64-mingw32’ works and the funny > part is that .dll files end up in bin/, but I think that’s intended > on > Windows? That’s right. Windows does not have shared objects, and DLLs are not. You cannot use the compiler to link to a DLL as far as I understand, so you wouldn’t put them in lib. What you have in lib are the so-called "import libraries" (.dll.a). These are static libraries that pretend to provide the functionality, but in fact open the DLL at run-time to fetch the library implementation from the DLL. So DLLs are kind of resources. Anyway, you see that in lib/ you have all the .dll.a files… Oops… I may have forgotten to check this… This is not a huge problem, because all outputs would be available when building a dependent package, but it’s still not right I think. Now, the .dll.a files are smaller than the static libraries, but not that small. I don’t know why exactly. Should I open a new issue with this patch, or is it somehow possible to continue the discussion here? Best regards, Vivien