florhizome schreef op vr 14-01-2022 om 14:02 [+0000]: > Hi all, > I noticed foot did not behave normally whenever content would overflow it's current dimensions. > when I installed alacritty in the same profile, this was fixed. Turned out, alacritty's > declaration has a native-search-path field entry that fixed foot! Why not just search-paths, > I can't tell. This might apply to further terminal emulators (kitty had problems starting emacs > in some contexts for me but I would need to test that more), but for now, just foot! > Canonically, search path are set in ‘consumers’, not ‘producers’ (though setting it in ‘producers’ sometimes works). Here, ‘consumer’ = ncurses, maybe screen (why doesn't screen have a native- search-paths? An oversight?), and ‘producer’ = some terminal emulator. What application were you running in foot that leaded to an overrun? Maybe we should add TERMINFO_DIRS to the native-search-paths of the application. Basically all applications using ncurses need it, I think? The following seems relevant: though personally that doesn't seem a bug to me. Were you running emacs in the terminal? If so, maybe TERMINFO_DIRS need to be added to 'emacs'? Greetings, Maxime.