Haider Mirza schreef op wo 20-04-2022 om 20:46 [+0100]: > > (This is not to accuse you Haider, who I don't know, of probing > Maxime > > -- but consider the seemingly casual example you are setting for > noobs > > in suggesting running an unknown (to others) binary). > > Sorry about that, usually Github Repositories ask for some way to > reproduce a bug so they can try and debug it. I had expected him to > have ran the binary in a VM. But like you said it might not be > apparent to the less experienced. Where does the ‘him’ come from? I don't think I've ever implied that pronoun. Also, while making a VM, installing some OS, downloading a binary inside and running it inside, is definitely technically possible, I consider it time better spent doing other things with a (to me) higher value / cost (e.g. reviewing a package definition for ld50-silent- syphoon, investigating actual bugs(*), some infrastructure patches ...). (*) Only binaries made from within Guix can feasibly be supported by Guix, though some separate entities aim to support this to some degree. Greetings, Maxime.