Hi Leo, Am Mittwoch, dem 05.01.2022 um 15:02 -0500 schrieb Leo Famulari: > On Wed, Jan 05, 2022 at 02:08:30PM -0500, Philip McGrath wrote: > > I would consider it very regrettable if this patch series were to > > continue to be blocked by stylistic considerations in the > > implementation of > > unexported helper functions. > > Agreed. > > Is there a concrete problem with these patches? Or will they work as > specified for Guix packagers? > > Let's remember that the primary goal of code review is to bring a > contribution into the codebase. I'm currently in the process of applying my own checklist, see Each of my fixup commits is a change on top of Philip's corresponding commit (or at least I hope so, I haven't squashed them yet) and delete- dependencies.patch shows the savings in the rest of the series. I so far successfully built node-irc and node-serialport with these changes applied on top. It'll take some time to check the rest of the toplevel packages and thereafter I'll squash and cleanup commit messages. So from my position, everything is about to be done. Should I resend this as v8 for a complete check that I'm not doing anything harmful or should I go ahead and commit once I'm done? Cheers