Hello Dr. Arne On Tuesday, August 23rd, 2022 at 05:28, Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide wrote: > I also experience problems with autocompletion at the moment. I’m > considering to switch back from company to auto-complete-mode, but I shy > away from the re-configuration effort at the moment. Good to know it's not just me. > I have not checked lsp for Python. My experience with lsp for Javascript > is that they are a bit sluggish — I prefer an Emacs native solution > where it exists. > > Example for that (though other language): Working with js2-mode+eslint > via flycheck is superior to lsp/tide-mode in my opinion. I feel the > difference, because I’m in a codebase transitioning to Typescript, and > the user experience in plain Javascript with js2-mode is better. lsp has > more bells and whistles, but js2-mode is precise and instantly at my > fingers. That's good to know too. I'll give LSP a try anyways and see. I really don't want to leave Emacs, but it would be nice to have a decent backup editor. Thanks for commenting, Dr. Arne :)