unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
* Using bootstrap seeds write package definitions
@ 2021-05-16  2:50 c4droid
From: c4droid @ 2021-05-16  2:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

Hello guix!
I was using the Linux From Scratch for a while as my mainly linux distro, use soft link as package management. when I heard guix, I think I found solution for my LFS package management. I tried guix and guix system few month, Is time for switch my LFS package manager to guix.
When I watched the manual talk about bootstrapping guix, I don't know how to writing some package definitions with bootstrap-seeds, I was searching on the google and ask questions on irc, because building the LFS, want build the cross toolchain (stage 1) then build final system (stage 2), last is kernel and initramfs (stage 3). after that is build Beyond LFS (stage 4). I stuck with using bootstrap seeds writing stage 1 package definitions. So I ask for help on community, because the power of community is great. :)
p.s.: Sorry for my poor english
------
Best reguards
c4droid