unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
* GNU Guix maintainer rotation
@ 2022-01-06 20:22 Maxim Cournoyer
From: Maxim Cournoyer @ 2022-01-06 20:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-guix; +Cc: guix-devel, help-guix

Hello Guix!

I'd like to bring your attention to a change to the current Guix
maintainers collective; in a nutshell, Ludovic and Marius are stepping
down from maintainer-ship while Efraim is joining.

I won't write more as you can find all the details in this blog post:
https://guix.gnu.org/en/blog/2022/gnu-guix-maintainer-rotation/.

Many thanks to Ludovic and Marius for their past roles as Guix
co-maintainers, and a warm welcome to Efraim!

Happy hacking!

Maxim

* Re: GNU Guix maintainer rotation
@ 2022-01-06 21:22 ` Jérémy Korwin-Zmijowski
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Jérémy Korwin-Zmijowski @ 2022-01-06 21:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Maxim Cournoyer, info-guix; +Cc: guix-devel, help-guix

[-- Attachment #1.1.1: Type: text/plain, Size: 204 bytes --]

Welcome Efraim ! Best wishes for the duty.

Thank you Ludo' and Marius ! Enjoy the free time

Really hope I will still be able to trade a 'hi' in the IRC on my rare
connections. haha

Jérémy

[-- Attachment #1.1.2: OpenPGP public key --]

* Re: GNU Guix maintainer rotation
@ 2022-01-07 15:21 ` Katherine Cox-Buday
From: Katherine Cox-Buday @ 2022-01-07 15:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Maxim Cournoyer; +Cc: guix-devel, info-guix, help-guix

Maxim Cournoyer <maxim.cournoyer@gmail.com> writes:

> I'd like to bring your attention to a change to the current Guix
> maintainers collective; in a nutshell, Ludovic and Marius are stepping
> down from maintainer-ship while Efraim is joining.

Thank you very much for your guidance, support, and hard work, Ludovic and Marius. Likewise, Efraim, thank you for your contributions, and for stepping up!

--
Katherine

* Re: GNU Guix maintainer rotation
@ 2022-01-08  1:09 ` Leo Famulari
From: Leo Famulari @ 2022-01-08  1:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Maxim Cournoyer; +Cc: guix-devel, info-guix, help-guix

On Thu, Jan 06, 2022 at 03:22:51PM -0500, Maxim Cournoyer wrote:
> Hello Guix!
>
> I'd like to bring your attention to a change to the current Guix
> maintainers collective; in a nutshell, Ludovic and Marius are stepping
> down from maintainer-ship while Efraim is joining.

Thank you Ludovic and Marius, for all you've done for Guix and the world
of free software.

And welcome to your new role Efraim! I can't think of somebody that is
better suited for it.

* Re: GNU Guix maintainer rotation
@ 2022-01-08 11:48   ` Oliver Propst
From: Oliver Propst @ 2022-01-08 11:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Leo Famulari; +Cc: guix-devel, info-guix, help-guix, Maxim Cournoyer

Right I guess that we should be glad that Efraim have steeped up as a
maintainer for the project and of course thank Ludovic and Marius for
the many years of service for Guix and free software.

--
Kinds regards Oliver Propst
https://twitter.com/Opropst

* Re: GNU Guix maintainer rotation
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2022-01-08 13:43 ` Edouard Klein
From: Edouard Klein @ 2022-01-08 13:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Maxim Cournoyer; +Cc: guix-devel, info-guix, help-guix

Thank you Ludovic and Marius :)

And good luck to Efraim !

@ 2022-01-09 16:43   ` Todor Kondić
From: Todor Kondić @ 2022-01-09 16:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

> Thank you Ludovic and Marius :)
>
> And good luck to Efraim !
>
> Maxim Cournoyer maxim.cournoyer@gmail.com writes:
>
> > Hello Guix!
> >
> > I'd like to bring your attention to a change to the current Guix
> >
> > maintainers collective; in a nutshell, Ludovic and Marius are stepping
> >
> > down from maintainer-ship while Efraim is joining.
> >
> > I won't write more as you can find all the details in this blog post:
> >
> > https://guix.gnu.org/en/blog/2022/gnu-guix-maintainer-rotation/.
> >
> > Many thanks to Ludovic and Marius for their past roles as Guix
> >
> > co-maintainers, and a warm welcome to Efraim!
> >
> > Happy hacking!
> >
> > Maxim

Wow, what news!

I am one of those perpetual users and very occasional (package) contributors [so, mostly useless ;) ]. First heard about Guix on the Guile mailing list around the time of its beginnings before what now what feels ages ago (just checked ... nine years), but only started actually using it cca 0.1 version thanks to a blog post by Andy Wingo. These days it's reproducibly powering virtually every compute platform I use as, at least, a package (and "container") manager. What a road must have it been for Ludovic and the early crew. Many thanks to them and of course good luck to the new maintainers.