* Installed from guix on fedora 33, nyxt display blank buffer instead of opening urls
@ 2021-02-22 20:14 Roland Everaert via
From: Roland Everaert via @ 2021-02-22 20:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

Hello,

I already opened an issue with the Nyxt project and they think the problem is related to a conflict between guix and fedora.

The issue in the Nyxt project is: https://github.com/atlas-engineer/nyxt/issues/1132

As the initial post and discussion is already rather long it seems better, to me to reference the issue instead of posting my description again.

Regards,

Roland Everaert
---
Use the F.O.S.S., Luke

Sent with [ProtonMail](https://protonmail.com/) Secure Email.

* Re: Installed from guix on fedora 33, nyxt display blank buffer instead of opening urls
@ 2021-02-24  9:28 ` zimoun
From: zimoun @ 2021-02-24  9:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Roland Everaert, help-guix

Hi,

On Mon, 22 Feb 2021 at 20:14, Roland Everaert via <help-guix@gnu.org> wrote:

> I already opened an issue with the Nyxt project and they think the problem is related to a conflict between guix and fedora.
>
> The issue in the Nyxt project is:
> https://github.com/atlas-engineer/nyxt/issues/1132

Could you try:

guix environment --preserve='^DISPLAY$' --container --network \
  --expose=/etc/machine-id \
  --expose=/etc/ssl/certs/ \
  --share=$HOME/.local/share/nyxt/=$HOME/.local/share/nyxt/ \
  --ad-hoc nyxt nss-certs dbus --  nyxt

?  From <https://guix.gnu.org/manual/devel/en/guix.html#Invoking-guix-environment>.

The ’--container’ part removes any potential conflicts between Guix and
Fedora.

Then,

guix environment --pure \
  --ad-hoc nyxt nss-certs dbus --  nyxt