unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
* Guix system with home-environment
@ 2021-11-02 11:38 phodina via
From: phodina via @ 2021-11-02 11:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix; +Cc: andrew@trop.in

Hi,

I just want to ask if it's possible to create an image which has both the operating-system and home-environment configuration together.

Currently the way to build them is to do:

;; Guix System
guix system build os.scm

;; Guix Home
guix home build home.scm

However, if I want to build and test a VM, I'm missing the home environment.

Would it be the correct way to add additional record to user-account definition, which would instantiate the home-environment for the particular user?

Or is there another way how to do that?

Petr