unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
* SSD keeps being lost, power source must be replugged to fix
@ 2022-11-14 17:50 Tyler Wolf via
From: Tyler Wolf via @ 2022-11-14 17:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix@gnu.org

Hi! This is my first time using a mailing list, so apologies if any formatting is weird.

I have an SSD connected to my system that uses f2fs, my config, which shows how it is mounted, can be found [here](https://codeberg.org/tylerwolf/dotfiles/src/commit/0eaa8430170c30360fc85e09f0e32b62f249f619/etc/config.scm#L98-L103) (this drive is labelled "S70 Blade"). Every once in a while, typically after I upgrade packages or reconfigure system or home, my SSD is lost. I still see the name in Thunar but I cannot open it, as I get an input/output error and if I run lsblk I do not see my SSD. This SSD is not my boot drive, so my system keeps working for the moment, yet I no longer have access to this drive. If I reboot my system, I will receive an error that the filesystem is broken, as the machine still cannot read the SSD, however this is fixed if I remove the power source from my computer and plug it back in. While I don't think it makes a difference in this case, my computer only has one M.2 SSD slot, so I use a PCIe adapter to use two. Initially I thought this might be the problem, but the drive that I am having trouble with is the one plugged directly into my motherboard, Does anyone know how to fix this? Is this a hardware problem? A Guix problem? Or perhaps a problem with f2fs. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Tyler Wolf

only message in thread, other threads:[~2022-11-15 13:10 UTC | newest]