Hi Liliana, On Wednesday, October 19th, 2022 at 07:09, Liliana Marie Prikler wrote: > You don't need a similar variable for GTK4. GTK4 has its own logic for > locating immodules, which works without Guix needing to patch it. > Note, that as of [1] ibus has GTK4 support, so on this side things > should be fine. However... > > [...] > > IBus is one of these annoying packages that may cause stale caches on > the user's side. I recommend you rm -rf ~/.cache/ibus and then restart > it. Yeah, I do this too :) > それで日本語を書きできる。 僕もできるけど、GTK4で何もできない。 Liliana, so you can type Japanese normally in GNOME Music or any other GTK 4 app? > You should take this with a grain of salt however. It might still be > that you need to restart ibus or gnome-shell from time to time because > they lost sight of each other. I'm not sure how this relates to reboot > cycles, but it might be a clue. Yep, at least since my last system upgrade, I have to restart ibus from time to time during my desktop session because Spanish and Japanese stop working out of the blue. I also have to restart ibus everytime after a reboot, otherwise I can't enter UNICODE with Ctrl+Shift+U nor type 日本語, although Spanish works. It's weird :)