unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
* Ganeti with Guix tutorial from the Guix blog post
@ 2020-09-25 19:06 david larsson
From: david larsson @ 2020-09-25 19:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

Hi!

First of all - thanks for a great post about using Ganeti with Guix!

I need some help with the networking setup part since I am stuck at the
end stages of the blog post tutorial - I am unable to run "gnt-instance
console <someVM>". So, I have things setup enough to create these VM's
successfully but I can't ping the hosts or connect to them using
gnt-instance console <someVM>. Any ideas what the issue might be?

One thing I noticed was that the arp -n output are giving me
"(incomplete)" listings in the "HWaddress" column (arp from the
net-tools package), which IMU means that ethernet/layer2 frames are not
passed around correctly - usually meaning that bridges aren't setup
properly, right? This applies to the 192.168.1.200 lan address and the
ip address assigned to the VM hosts which I manually set to
192.168.1.210 instead of ip=pool as in the example. My local network is
setup to use 192.168.1.0/24 addresses.

I think it would be great if blog posts like these had comments enabled,
so that people trying to follow a tutorial would be able to discuss and
help eachother directly on the blog post page.

Any suggestions?

Best regards,
David