unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
* Wireguard
@ 2021-04-12 18:38 amuza
From: amuza @ 2021-04-12 18:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

Hello!

I'm new here. Some weeks ago I installed the Guix package manager on top
of Trisquel and so far I'm very happy.

Let me say that I'm not a developer or anything similar, so I easily get
lost.

And now my question:
I have just installed wireguard through Guix, but I cannot find the
/etc/wireguard directory.

Where is it?

Thank you!!

* Re: Wireguard
@ 2021-04-13 22:30 ` Cameron
From: Cameron @ 2021-04-13 22:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

IIRC the wireguard package only includes the kernel interface. Presumably you will want wireguard-tools and wg-quick to get the 'wg' and wg-quick commands. (I'm not at a terminal right now to check the exact package names so please don't take this as literal advice)

Also beware that there is not as of yet a service definition for wg-quick. I simply do a 'wg-quick up' manually but am coming to rely on it in something approaching a "production" capacity, so I was planning on dipping my toes into writing a proper service definition for it *at some point*. :^)

-Cam

On Mon, Apr 12, 2021, at 1:38 PM, amuza wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I'm new here. Some weeks ago I installed the Guix package manager on top
> of Trisquel and so far I'm very happy.
>
> Let me say that I'm not a developer or anything similar, so I easily get
> lost.
>
> And now my question:
> I have just installed wireguard through Guix, but I cannot find the
> /etc/wireguard directory.
>
> Where is it?
>
> Thank you!!
>

> Attachments:
> * signature.asc

* Re: Wireguard
@ 2021-04-14 17:36 ` Leo Famulari
From: Leo Famulari @ 2021-04-14 17:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: amuza; +Cc: help-guix

On Mon, Apr 12, 2021 at 08:38:45PM +0200, amuza wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I'm new here. Some weeks ago I installed the Guix package manager on top
> of Trisquel and so far I'm very happy.
>
> Let me say that I'm not a developer or anything similar, so I easily get
> lost.
>
> And now my question:
> I have just installed wireguard through Guix, but I cannot find the
> /etc/wireguard directory.

For your case, using Guix on another distro, I'd suggest that you need
to create the directory yourself.

When you install a package with Guix, all that happens is that the
package is made available.

It's not like on some distros, where "installation" also configures and
runs the service for you.