Efraim Flashner wrote: > On Mon, May 25, 2020 at 01:34:18AM +0300, Dmitry Alexandrov wrote: >> znavko@disroot.org wrote: >>> protonvpn installs own client written on python3 requiring pip3. It works fine after installation under root. >>> Could you … make some advices? >> >> Guix aside, I definitely could advise you to stop using obscure ad-hoc software, that has to be run with superuser rights, when itʼs not necessary. And in your case itʼs not. > > This is certainly not useful advice. I have another experience. Quite a few people found an idea, that many services can be easily (in fact, sometimes even _easier_) be used without installing any ad-hoc branded software, new to them. (Welcome to 2020. ;-). > It's not up to you to determine which software is appropriate and acceptable for another user to run. How have your thought shifted from from ‘advise’ to ‘determine’, I wonder?