unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
* about guile-gcrypt in guix environment guix --container
@ 2018-11-07  7:47 guy fleury
From: guy fleury @ 2018-11-07  7:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: help-guix@gnu.org

hi all

i try to set a guix environment with:
   guix environment guix --container --ad-hoc git

   then i run ./confugure in a reposity i clone from savannah

but it fails whith this error:
checking if (gcrypt hash) is available... no
configure: error: Guile-Gcrypt could not be found; please install it.

it is not the job of guix environment to set everything not myself?
and i can't add it like i did for git because it's not yet packaged

i am on debian
guix (GNU Guix) 0.15.0

how can i resolve it without installing manually guile-gcrypt?

sorry for my bad English!

* Re: about guile-gcrypt in guix environment guix --container
@ 2018-11-07  8:00 ` Gábor Boskovits
From: Gábor Boskovits @ 2018-11-07  8:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: hoonandon; +Cc: help-guix

Hello Guy,

guy fleury <hoonandon@gmail.com> ezt írta (időpont: 2018. nov. 7., Sze, 8:48):

> hi all
>
> i try to set a guix environment with:
>    guix environment guix --container --ad-hoc git
>
>    then i run ./confugure in a reposity i clone from savannah
>
> but it fails whith this error:
> checking if (gcrypt hash) is available... no
> configure: error: Guile-Gcrypt could not be found; please install it.
>
> it is not the job of guix environment to set everything not myself?

This dependency has been added to Guix since 0.15.0, so the old
guix currently on you profile has now way to know that this is needed.

> and i can't add it like i did for git because it's not yet packaged

Now it is packaged, but it was not when the release was made.

> i am on debian
> guix (GNU Guix) 0.15.0
>
> how can i resolve it without installing manually guile-gcrypt?

You should use guix pull to update your guix, and have the latest
package definitions
available. You might have to do it twice, as guix pull has changed
since the release.
After that the command as you wrote it should succeed.

> sorry for my bad English!

No problem, I'm not a native speaker either, and you English is not bad at all.

You can also send to help-guix in several other languages, but it
might take more
time to get answer then. See
https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/contact/ for the list
of languages.

Best regards,
g_bor

* Re: about guile-gcrypt in guix environment guix --container
@ 2018-11-07  8:21   ` guy fleury
From: guy fleury @ 2018-11-07  8:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gábor Boskovits; +Cc: help-guix

hello Gábor,