unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <me@tobias.gr>
To: znavko@disroot.org, Help guix <help-guix@gnu.org>
Subject: Re: Make changes to be applied after guix install and system reconfigure?
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2021 22:37:35 +0100	[thread overview]

Znavko,

I must admit it's not clear to me what you're asking.

>  449 guix install build-essential

This is not a Guix package.  Nor is ‘gcc’, but trying to install it will
say so and install ‘gcc-toolchain’ for you instead.

Are you copy-pasting instructions for Debian into a Guix System?  That's
not going to work, even if you s/apt/guix/...

> So here I install "gcc" and "build-essentials" but have no success
> cause
> my simple copypasted lines do not work without reboot.

Define 'no success'.  What happened?  What changed after rebooting?

> And only next time I turn back to this interest after several restarts
> I have success.
> Please, can you advise me what to do after installing such system
> things
> and also after system reconfigure for get changes work?

Hm.  You don't need to restart after installing packages or
reconfiguring your system.  Without more information (i.e. command
output, not just input history) it's going to be very hard to guess what
went wrong and what 'fixed' it.

Kind regards,

T G-R

Sent from a Web browser. Excuse or enjoy my brevity.