unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
From: Gottfried <gottfried@posteo.de>
To: Steve George <steve@futurile.net>, help-guix@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Guix package manager installed
Date: Thu,  3 Nov 2022 19:54:01 +0000	[thread overview]

[-- Attachment #1.1.1: Type: text/plain, Size: 5105 bytes --]

Hi Steve,

thanks for your endeavouring.

I am sorry, I made a mistake.

I worked at the laptop with Guix system and tried:
sudo systemctl status guix-daemon.service
and it didn't work.

Today I tried it with the other laptop with Trisquel and Guix Package
Manager installed and it worked of course.

2.

> The manual is trying to explain that you use the root user to update

I did: sudo -i to log in as root
than: "pull guix"
but this doesn't work.
Probably you meant: "guix pull"