Hi Csepp, this was anyhow my question. >> In general you do not need to install packages under development in your >>> main profile. It would be better to either put it in a separate profile >>> or use a temporary shell every time and put the package definition in a >>> manifest or script. Until now I installed everything in my main profile 1. I don't know yet how to create a profile/manifest. I was reading the cookbook and the manual already several times about that, but it seems to me difficult. 2. If I create an other profile through a manifest what is the benefit of it in my case? 3. I would have to put all my 60 packages there (how?) and if I download an other package, would I have to create the manifest again and again? 4. And if I want to update the packages, lets say every second week, then I would have to create the manifest again every second week. 5. Would I then have to uninstall all my installed packages in the main profile, in order not to have it twice? 6. How could I then use my manifest? Which commands would I have to use to open it and to use my packages? Kind regards Gottfried Am 19.12.22 um 14:55 schrieb Csepp: > > Gottfried writes: > >> [[PGP Signed Part:Undecided]] >> Hi Guix, >> >> I tried to download the new version of Musescore, Version 4 >> Even thought 100 % available, it wanted to build it locally, but >> failed. (takes 75 minutes) >> I tried it again, it failed. >> next day I tried it again, it failed. >> >> I checked the Musescore Forum etc >> and there are big problems with the new Musescore 4 in Linux. >> Several people complained. >> >> How can I now keep the Version 3.6.2 >> and additionally install the new version 4.0 in future, >> so that my current version 3.6.2 does not get lost. >> >> The new version 4.0 needs improvements. >> >> >> Kind regards >> >> Gottfried >> >> [2. OpenPGP public key --- application/pgp-keys; OpenPGP_0x61FAF349C9FB7F94.asc]... >> >> [[End of PGP Signed Part]] > > You could pass --do-not-upgrade=musescore if you want to keep it at the > same version in your main profile. > In general you do not need to install packages under development in your > main profile. It would be better to either put it in a separate profile > or use a temporary shell every time and put the package definition in a > manifest or script. --