Hello, > Do you mean that your friend has a printer that is currently not >> supported by hplip-minimal, but will be supported soon? (Notice that >> this is less a question of Guix, but rather of the availability of free >> drivers.) No, that is not my question. At the moment he uses Linux Mint and I don't know how much he is able and has time to learn to configure Guix. So I want to inform myself beforehand in order to take the right decisions and help him to get Guix working on a new laptop. Gottfried Am 19.06.22 um 14:26 schrieb Andreas Enge: > Hello, > > Am Sun, Jun 19, 2022 at 12:14:48PM +0000 schrieb Gottfried: >> if I install Guix 1.3.0 on a laptop, and it is without a printer installed, >> will then be in future when the next Guix Version will arrive, and the >> printer is then included, >> automatically through updating the printer be installed? > > automatically no - you may have to add the corresponding lines to the > OS definition, something such as > (service cups-service-type > (cups-configuration > (web-interface? #t) > (extensions (list cups-filters hplip-minimal)))) > and then reconfigure, then use the CUPS web interface to install the > printer. > > Do you mean that your friend has a printer that is currently not > supported by hplip-minimal, but will be supported soon? (Notice that > this is less a question of Guix, but rather of the availability of free > drivers.) > > Andreas >