Hi Christian, It seems to be broken, yes... ------- Original Message ------- On Thursday, October 27th, 2022 at 06:58, Christian Gelinek wrote: > Dear Guix community, > > I couldn't get the GUI `renpy-launcher` GUI to do anything useful. Same for me (I'm using Guix System with guix 4716cea). When running renpy-launcher I also noticed that the sample projects "Tutorial" and "The Question" are listed but grayed out, you can't launch them. Then I found out that these two are provided as separate outputs of the renpy package in Guix, so I installed them. However, after that, they are still disabled in the launcher (even after clicking the "Refresh" button). > It says "The selected projects directory is not writable" for any > meaningful action I attempted. Under "preferences" -> General, there is > a Projects Directory setting which (for me) displays as "Not Set". > Clicking that again shows the above error. Same here. I saw the same error when clicking on "+ Create new project" in the first screen of the launcher, and when trying to set a projects directory in the preferences screen. > I'm new to Ren'Py (and GuixSD), so there may be a way of specifying this > directory on the command line or via a config file somewhere, but I > haven't found it. I don't know, but I think this is a bug and should be reported to https://issues.guix.gnu.org/. I don't see any open issues about renpy there. I think the launcher should just work, as you say, and you should use the GUI to set any preferences.