Hi, I don’t understand much about music theory, so I was looking for a music notation programme WYSIWYG. I woudn’t be able to use lilypond e.g. some years ago. Some shady practices hint to certain problems, they need money and misuse people. Of course, the developers are not included in that ... I guess. I don’t want to investigate that, I have better things to do, but if you have an ethical understanding of "loving/helping people", such things shouldn’t happen. But now, after learning musescore I can imagine to switch slowly to lilypond, but of course it takes time to learn. Lilypond is GNU-Projekt AFAIU so it has a better background and I guess people are not mistreated. It is always better, if possible, to use GNU packages because we all now why. But for now I have to solve my midi problem in order to be able to use lilypond at all. Kind regards Gottfried Am 23.03.23 um 15:17 schrieb Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide: > > Marek Paśnikowski writes: > >> ------- Original Message ------- >> środa, 22 marca 2023 17:57, Gottfried napisał(a): >> >>> I can’t play midi files or lilypond files ending ly. >>> In Musescore PulseAudio is used and I can listen to the songs. >>> In Lilypond or Frescobaldi I can’t listen. No sound. >> >> Why don't you just use MuseScore? >> I am aware that the MuseScore-Sheet service has had some shady practices recently. >> However, the notation software itself is independent of that situation. >> I am of opinion, that the situation /could/ be an act sabotage by a competitor. > > Isn’t the service run by the people who develop Musescore? If so, how > should shady practices be sabotage? > > Best wishes, > Arne --