unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
* rust packaging with specific version of rust
@ 2020-10-19  8:30 Hamzeh Nasajpour
From: Hamzeh Nasajpour @ 2020-10-19  8:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: SuarezMiguelC via

Hi,

I'm not expert in `rust`. I need to work with a library that has some dependencies to rust and I had to package a few libraries in GuixSD. Anyway now I faced with an error in building one rust package:
```
error[E0658]: use of unstable library feature 'inner_deref': newly added
  --> src/http_client/mod.rs:54:25

54 |         self.auth_token.as_deref()
   |                         ^^^^^^^^

   = note: for more information, see https://github.com/rust-lang/rust/issues/50264

error[E0658]: use of unstable library feature 'inner_deref': newly added
  --> src/http_client/mod.rs:68:43

68 |         self.imp.get(url, self.auth_token.as_deref()).as_result()
   |                                           ^^^^^^^^

   = note: for more information, see https://github.com/rust-lang/rust/issues/50264

error[E0658]: use of unstable library feature 'inner_deref': newly added
  --> src/http_client/mod.rs:72:44

72 |         self.imp.post(url, self.auth_token.as_deref(), body).as_result()
   |                                            ^^^^^^^^

   = note: for more information, see https://github.com/rust-lang/rust/issues/50264
```

Based on the following document the  `as_deref()` method is available since rust version `1.40.0`.
https://doc.rust-lang.org/std/option/enum.Option.html#method.as_deref

Now how can I build/install my rust package with this specific version? is it possible? or is there anything that I forget? Please help.

Regards,
Hamzeh

* Re: rust packaging with specific version of rust
@ 2020-10-19  9:06 ` Arun Isaac
From: Arun Isaac @ 2020-10-19  9:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hamzeh Nasajpour, SuarezMiguelC via

To enable the unstable inner_deref feature, you need to add the line
"#![feature(inner_deref)]" to the top of src/lib.rs. And, you might need
to enable unstable features by setting the environment variable
RUSTC_BOOTSTRAP to 1. See the rust-sourcemap package in
gnu/package/crates-io.scm for an example.

Cheers!
Arun

* Re: rust packaging with specific version of rust
@ 2020-10-21 11:11   ` Hamzeh Nasajpour
From: Hamzeh Nasajpour @ 2020-10-21 11:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Arun Isaac, SuarezMiguelC via

Hi,

Thanks for your quick and helpful reply.
The problem resolved.

Regards,
Hamzeh