Le 17/05/2022 à 10:57, Daniel Meißner a écrit : > Hi Sébastien, > > Sébastien Rey-Coyrehourcq writes: > >> Thanks Daniel, >> >> So if i understand well, in the common use case, if you install guix >> home and use it in parallel with guix install, these profile are >> "cumulative", >> software installed are available no matter how I set them up (guix >> install or using guix home declarative file + reconfigure) ? > Yes, these two profiles are normally both loaded in the sense that the > shell scripts ~/.guix-profile/etc/profile and > ~/.guix-home/setup-environment are sourced. Ok ! > >> It is a bit confusing at first for new user, what's the best workflow, >> using the guix home declarative file and "reconfigure" or directly >> guix install ? > It depends on what you want to achieve. You could use also both at the > same time. I like to use only Guix home to manage the packages that I > need on a regular basis. However, this is mainly because I also have > some dotfiles in my home-environment. If you just want to declaratively > manage the packages you use, you could also do it with manifests¹. > Additionally, sometimes, when I need a package, that I presumably only > use once, I use ‘guix shell’² for it. Ok, i suppose manifest are similar to config.scm used for reconfiguring system for exemple. If you have some example of guix home profile that use dotfile manager i'm interested :) I'm planned to use chezmoi with pass (https://www.chezmoi.io/) in go that use git to version file. Thanks ! > > Best > > > ¹ https://guix.gnu.org/en/manual/devel/en/html_node/Writing-Manifests.html > ² https://guix.gnu.org/en/manual/devel/en/html_node/Invoking-guix-shell.html#Invoking-guix-shell > > -- > Daniel