* Setting GI_TYPELIB_PATH breaks Gnome @ Pop-OS
@ 2020-09-29  8:11 Todor Kondić
From: Todor Kondić @ 2020-09-29  8:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix\@gnu.org

Hi all,

A $GUIX_PROFILE/etc/profile script sets GI_TYPELIB_PATH to something. On a hybrid (Guix+PopOS) system this prevents logging in (the "Uh Oh! ..." Gnome crash message).

cat /etc/os-release
-------------------
NAME="Pop!_OS"
VERSION="20.04 LTS"
ID=pop
ID_LIKE="ubuntu debian"
PRETTY_NAME="Pop!_OS 20.04 LTS"
VERSION_ID="20.04"
HOME_URL="https://pop.system76.com"
SUPPORT_URL="https://support.system76.com"
BUG_REPORT_URL="https://github.com/pop-os/pop/issues"
PRIVACY_POLICY_URL="https://system76.com/privacy"
VERSION_CODENAME=focal
UBUNTU_CODENAME=focal
LOGO=distributor-logo-pop-os

Gnome version is 3.36.3

Is it fine if I unset this variable? Or, can it hold more than one paths (so if I figure out what is the default path on my system I can add).

only message in thread, other threads:[~2020-09-29  8:11 UTC | newest]