On 2024-04-24 16:54:19 +0200, Emmanuel Medernach wrote: > Hello Guix ! > > How do you share profiles among machines ? For instance 2 users wants to > have the same profile, user A shares the directory /gnu/store/...-profile to > user B, user B either get access to it directly or from a remote machine > with a  "guix copy ", user B could now use this profile like this: > >  export GUIX_PROFILE="/gnu/store/...-profile" >  source "$GUIX_PROFILE/etc/profile" > > But there is a problem: this profile is not listed with > >  guix package --list-profiles >  guix gc --list-roots > > The problem is that if user A deletes this profile it gets garbage collected > even if user B still needs to use it. > > So the question is: How user B could add an existing /gnu/store/...-profile > (either existing directory or obtained from a guix copy) to the profile and > root list ? I think you can just create a symlinks in the /var/guix/profiles/per-user/B for the profile and in the /var/guix/gcroots/profiles/per-user/B for the gc roots. I *think* this should work? Tomas -- There are only two hard things in Computer Science: cache invalidation, naming things and off-by-one errors.