unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
* Nginx with PHP and sqlite
@ 2021-12-19 20:47 Andreas Enge
From: Andreas Enge @ 2021-12-19 20:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

Hello,

I would like to create a website using PHP and sqlite; so far my server
uses Nginx (and static pages), whereas the "web services" part of the Guix
documentation only explains how to add PHP to Apache.

Would anyone have a sample configuration for PHP with Nginx, preferably
with sqlite as a database backend?

Thanks for your help,

Andreas

* Re: Nginx with PHP and sqlite
@ 2021-12-19 20:58 ` Julien Lepiller
From: Julien Lepiller @ 2021-12-19 20:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix, Andreas Enge

The manual has an example of how to use php fpm with nginx, using nginx-php-location for instance.

Le 19 décembre 2021 15:47:55 GMT-05:00, Andreas Enge <andreas@enge.fr> a écrit :
>Hello,
>
>I would like to create a website using PHP and sqlite; so far my server
>uses Nginx (and static pages), whereas the "web services" part of the Guix
>documentation only explains how to add PHP to Apache.
>
>Would anyone have a sample configuration for PHP with Nginx, preferably
>with sqlite as a database backend?
>
>Thanks for your help,
>
>Andreas

* Re: Nginx with PHP and sqlite
@ 2021-12-19 22:18   ` Andreas Enge
From: Andreas Enge @ 2021-12-19 22:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Julien Lepiller; +Cc: help-guix

Am Sun, Dec 19, 2021 at 03:58:37PM -0500 schrieb Julien Lepiller:
> The manual has an example of how to use php fpm with nginx, using
> nginx-php-location for instance.

That was a good start, thank you! Strangely enough reconfiguring and
"herd restart nginx" was not enough, I had to reboot the (virtual)
machine.

Andreas

* Re: Nginx with PHP and sqlite
@ 2021-12-21 18:09     ` Andreas Enge
From: Andreas Enge @ 2021-12-21 18:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Julien Lepiller; +Cc: help-guix

Am Sun, Dec 19, 2021 at 11:18:38PM +0100 schrieb Andreas Enge:
> That was a good start, thank you! Strangely enough reconfiguring and
> "herd restart nginx" was not enough, I had to reboot the (virtual)
> machine.

This seems to be a known problem, see this bug, to which I added my case:
   https://issues.guix.gnu.org/36389

Andreas