etc/committer.scm is already processed and ready to run, so you can run it as ./etc/committer.scm It does choke on some things like changing the copyright lines, since it thinks it should be a separate commit. On Tue, Jul 27, 2021 at 08:23:18AM +0000, Zelphir Kaltstahl wrote: > Hi Ricardo! > > Thanks for your reply! > > I am using Emacs and Magit, but not yet Yasnippet. Is the snippet for Yasnippet > loaded from the source code of Guix automatically? I imagine I have to somehow > add this snippet first, before I can use it. Or perhaps there is some special > yasnippet file, which yasnippet recognizes and then it completes from that? > > About etc/committer.scm: I assume, that I would run this using "guile > etc/committer.scm". Is that the correct way to go? > > Best regards, > Zelphir > > On 7/26/21 12:03 AM, Ricardo Wurmus wrote: > > > > Zelphir Kaltstahl writes: > > > >> I also remember it being mentioned, that there is some > >> tools distributed with GNU Guix, that is supposed to help with that. > > > > If you use Emacs and Magit you can use the “update” or “add” snippets with > > Yasnippet, i.e. within the commit message window opened by magit just type > > “add” and hit TAB to expand the snippet. > > > > You can also use etc/committer.scm, which is part of the source checkout.  It > > was written to help with mass-upgrades of CRAN packages; it will not do the > > right thing in all cases.  Notably, it has some problems separating > > consecutive package additions. > > > -- > repositories: https://notabug.org/ZelphirKaltstahl > > -- Efraim Flashner אפרים פלשנר GPG key = A28B F40C 3E55 1372 662D 14F7 41AA E7DC CA3D 8351 Confidentiality cannot be guaranteed on emails sent or received unencrypted