Hello Guix, This is not a request for help, but just for reference, so you may skip it. Recently I fell pray to a hardware issue which rendered one of my guix machines stuck and unable to upgrade. Issue #41362 seems related and user also confirmed a hardware issue. Nonetheless, after solving the imediate hardware problem I was stuck with a system which would refuse to pull newer generations. I first tried to roll-back guix pull, system and package to no avail. I've tried time-machine as well and it did not help. I've also tried a '--bootstrap' guile flag when pulling and got an unrelated issue. I was about to bust the system and reinstall when guix gc came to rescue. The procedure was simple enough but it took me some time to figure: switch guix pull to last good generation; delete the one where the corruption started; garbage collect everything; pull again. Ref: https://issues.guix.gnu.org/41362 ----