On Tue, Feb 16, 2021 at 08:47:31PM +0100, Vincent Legoll wrote: > Hello, > > is there a way to guix gc, but only for the > buildable items ? (I have low bandwidth / > CPU ratio here). > > I.e. keep the downloadable source tarballs > and git repo checkouts. > > Thanks > > -- > Vincent Legoll > To quote the manual¹ In this way, setting --gc-keep-derivations to yes causes liveness to flow from outputs to derivations, and setting --gc-keep-outputs to yes causes liveness to flow from derivations to outputs. When both are set to yes, the effect is to keep all the build prerequisites (the sources, compiler, libraries, and other build-time tools) of live objects in the store, regardless of whether these prerequisites are reachable from a GC root. This is convenient for developers since it saves rebuilds or downloads. ¹ https://guix.gnu.org/manual/devel/en/html_node/Invoking-guix_002ddaemon.html#Invoking-guix_002ddaemon -- Efraim Flashner אפרים פלשנר GPG key = A28B F40C 3E55 1372 662D 14F7 41AA E7DC CA3D 8351 Confidentiality cannot be guaranteed on emails sent or received unencrypted