On Mon, Oct 31, 2022 at 12:18:50AM -0700, Tom Willemse wrote: > Hey Guix \o/ > > I've been wanting to package one of my little scripts in Guix Home and > it uses a little library I wrote for SCSH. I've been looking at how > Search Paths work and I'm having trouble figuring out how to make this > work. > > Search paths seem easy enough generally, I was able to add a simple > addition to my configuration by just adding this to the scsh package > definition: > > (native-search-paths > (list (search-path-specification > (variable "SCSH_LIB_DIRS") > (files '("share/scsh/site"))))) Try adding the 'separator' field, so it would look like this: (native-search-paths (list (search-path-specification (variable "SCSH_LIB_DIRS") (separator " ") (files '("share/scsh/site"))))) > This successfully adds something along the lines of the following to my > profile when I package my library: > > export SCSH_LIB_DIRS="${GUIX_PROFILE:-/gnu/store/ib05wwxl1p1b5avihw7fhvphxjhq3y97-profile}/share/scsh/site${SCSH_LIB_DIRS:+:}$SCSH_LIB_DIRS" > > The only problem here is that the SCSH_LIB_DIRS needs to be a space-separated > list of strings instead of the usualy colon-separated list of strings. > With the value `#f' denoting where to put the compiled default lib dir. > > For example in my manual (pre-Guix Home) configuration I have this: > > export SCSH_LIB_DIRS="#f \"${HOME}/usr/share/scsh/\"" > > To add `~/usr/share/scsh' to the places where SCSH looks for libraries > (or packages as I guess scheme48 and scsh call them?). > > Unfortunately I can't remember how I found out about `SCSH_LIB_DIRS' and > I can't find any reference to it in the manual at the moment. > > I looked at the `', `evaluate-search-paths', > and `environment-variable-definition' source, but I think there need to > be some changes made in `search-paths.scm' for this to be supported? I > can't do it in my own configuration? If there is a way to do this > already I would really appreciate a hint as how to do it, otherwise I'll > have to see if I can add this support there, if nobody objects. I will > probably need some help with this in that case. > > In case it helps, here is my little script and the library it uses: > https://code.ryuslash.org/util/tom/mpd-random-albums/tree/ apologies for > the messy UI, I'm still working on updating my CGit stylesheets and as > you can probably also tell I'm not a designer. > > Hopefully this all makes sense :) > > Thanks for your time! > > > Cheers, > > Tom > -- Efraim Flashner אפרים פלשנר GPG key = A28B F40C 3E55 1372 662D 14F7 41AA E7DC CA3D 8351 Confidentiality cannot be guaranteed on emails sent or received unencrypted