unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
From: Lory EVANO <evano-lory@live.fr>
To: "help-guix@gnu.org" <help-guix@gnu.org>
Subject: guix pull: error: Git error: failed to connect to git.savannah.gnu.org: Address family not supported by protocol
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2020 15:44:32 +0000	[thread overview]

Dear all,

I am currently trying to install Guix on a VM which is behind my company proxy. And I'd like to make Guix available for the users of the VM. I used the installation script provided in the manual.
However when I do a "guix pull", guix failed to pull the guix.git file with the following error message :
​
/gnu/store/29jhbbg1hf557x8j53f9sxd9imlmf02a-bash-minimal-5.0.7/bin/bash: warning: setlocale: LC_ALL: cannot change locale (en_US.utf8)
user with UID 120300 not found
Updating channel 'guix' from Git repository at 'https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git'...
guix pull: error: Git error: failed to connect to git.savannah.gnu.org: Address family not supported by protocol

I tried to solve this issue by cloning the guix's git repo locally in my VM and by modifyig the guix-deamon.service file. I created the file defineproxy.conf in /etc/systemd/system/guix-daemon.service.d, in which I set the proxy environment variables and I set the path to git repo. This file looks as follow:
------
[Service]
Environment="http_proxy=http://myLogin:myPassword@proxy-url:myProxyPortNumber"
Environment="https_proxy=http://myLogin:myPassword@proxy-url:myProxyPortNumber"
Environment="ftp_proxy=http://myLogin:myPassword@proxy-url:myProxyPortNumber"
Environment="GIT_CURL_VERBOSE=1"
Environment="GIT_TRACE=1"
ExecStart=
ExecStart=/var/guix/profiles/per-user/root/current-guix/bin/guix-daemon --build-users-group=guixbuild --chroot-directory=/tmp/guix_git_repo/guix
-----

After these modifications, I was able to do a guix pull by forcing it to pull from my local repo : guix pull --url=file:///tmp/guix_git_repo/guix
But it works only partially as I had the following error message :

substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'...  60.1%guix substitute: error: TLS error in procedure 'read_from_session_record_port': The TLS connection was non-properly terminated.guix pull: error: `/gnu/store/p7jcjqcaw66g05zjim0famggfwpna8k0-guile3.0-guix-1.1.0/bin/guix substitute' died unexpectedly

However, this attempt of workaround would be OK for a single user but I don't think it will be the solution if my colleagues use Guix as well. I spent lot of time on google trying to solve that but I have to admit that now I am a bit puzzled. So any help will be much appreciated.

Regards,

Lory