unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
* error message : user with UID 120300 not found / guix install: error: while creating directory `/var/guix/profiles/per-user/evanol': Permission denied
@ 2020-08-20 16:26 Lory EVANO
From: Lory EVANO @ 2020-08-20 16:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix@gnu.org

Hi all,

I am new with Guix and I am currently trying to install it as a root on a VM. I followed the steps described in the Guix manual (https://guix.gnu.org/manual/en/html_node/Binary-Installation.html). After the installation, I tried guix as a user (not root). I tried to install a simple package such as zlib but I had the following error message :
user with UID 120300 not found
guix install: error: while creating directory `/var/guix/profiles/per-user/evanol': Permission denied
hint: Please create the `/var/guix/profiles/per-user/evanol' directory, with you as the owner.

Do you have an idea how I could solve this problem ?

Many thanks !

Regards,

Lory