unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
* [ASK] Failed Installing GTK+ Software Development Kit on GuixSD
@ 2021-12-06  2:03 Ade Malsasa Akbar via
From: Ade Malsasa Akbar via @ 2021-12-06  2:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

[-- Attachment #1.1.1: Type: text/plain, Size: 1968 bytes --]

Hello, GNU Community!

Thank you for making Guix System, to me it is an awesome operating
system. Also, thanks for making the message "This is the GNU System.
Welcome." I really love it! However, after having a working Guix GNOME
x86_64 on a virtual machine, I wanted to install a full suite of GTK+
with its seven dependencies[1], and failed consistently by the package
glib with recognizable error messages. I ask for solving this issue so I
can finally install all GTK+ components and use it to create graphical
applications.

Issue:

I failed to install GTK+ suite by the specific package glib.

Error messages:

The following package will be installed:
   glib 2.62.6

guix install: error: profile contains conflicting entries for glib
guix install: error:   first entry: glib@2.62.6
/gnu/store/fybx8s06x1hb2v4hv7nc78f0zzpd982x-glib-2.62.6
guix install: error:   second entry: glib@2.62.6
/gnu/store/3374zddwfb0m8711k2jrvhwr1s2fkvq3-glib-2.62.6
guix install: error:    ... propagated from harfbuzz@2.6.4
guix install: error:    ... propagated from pango@1.44.7
guix install: error:    ... propagated from gtk+@3.24.24
hint: Try upgrading both `glib' and `gtk+', or remove one of them from
the profile.

Notes:

1. Other packages from all seven dependencies installed just fine.

gtk+ = OK
pango = OK
atk = OK
gdk-pixbuf = OK
gobject-introspection = OK
libepoxy = OK

2. Yes, I have practiced the hint by upgrading both glib and gtk+, and
also removing either of both, but the issue could not be solved by that.

Question:

How to solve this issue so I can install full GTK+ and use it normally
to develop graphical programs?

Thank you very much for your attention. I apologize for mistakes I made
in this email as I am just a new member here. Greetings from Indonesia!

Sincerely yours,

Ade Malsasa Akbar
[1] https://www.gtk.org/docs/installations/linux/