unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
* I'm getting "recovering journal" when rebooting after pulling and reconfiguring my system
@ 2024-09-11  9:40 Oleander via
From: Oleander via @ 2024-09-11  9:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

System boots just fine even if I get the "recovering journal" message. The smartctl test on my device passes.

I don't get the message if the previous session guix pull or guix system reconfigure are not run.

I shutdown/reboot my system with loginctl poweroff/reboot. With sudo shutdown/reboot I get the same behavior.

Any hint?

Thank you!

* Re: I'm getting "recovering journal" when rebooting after pulling and reconfiguring my system
@ 2024-09-13 13:21 ` Oleander via
From: Oleander via @ 2024-09-13 13:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

This only happens with Sway and only after reconfiguring the system. I did a test with Gnome and the system boots just fine. Any Sway user experiencing the same?

Thank you!

@ 2024-09-13 13:40   ` Marek Paśnikowski
From: Marek Paśnikowski @ 2024-09-13 13:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Oleander via; +Cc: Oleander

Oleander via <help-guix@gnu.org> writes:

> This only happens with Sway and only after reconfiguring the system. I
> did a test with Gnome and the system boots just fine. Any Sway user
> experiencing the same?

Do you have any mount points other that the system ones?  The only
scenario that I can think of is that Sway on Guix does not unmount
partitions cleanly before powering computers down.

Besides this thought, I will not be able to help any more, as I use a
configuration vastly different from yours.

* Re: I'm getting "recovering journal" when rebooting after pulling and reconfiguring my system
@ 2024-09-13 15:41   ` Ignas Lapėnas
From: Ignas Lapėnas @ 2024-09-13 15:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Oleander via; +Cc: Oleander

Sway user here. I have the same issue. Using ext4 as my filesystem. Also
the same happens during powerloss.

--
Pagarbiai,
Ignas Lapėnas

* Re: I'm getting "recovering journal" when rebooting after pulling and reconfiguring my system
@ 2024-09-13 15:48     ` Oleander via
From: Oleander via @ 2024-09-13 15:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: marek, help-guix

Hi Marek,