unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
From: Roland Everaert via <help-guix@gnu.org>
To: "help-guix@gnu.org" <help-guix@gnu.org>
Subject: Re : Librem Mini with pureboot/head don't boot GuixSD
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2021 11:23:17 +0000	[thread overview]

Hello Tobias,

I have a good news and a bad news.

The good news, I manage to boot the system.

The bad news, I have to boot the root file system, hence, /. This imply that I have either to re-sign the whole disk at every boot or boot every time in unsafe mode.

To answer your question, I have performed a very basic installation, nothing is encrypted and there is only 3 partitions, /boot, the swap and the root filesystem.

The consequence is that booting is slow because HEAD needs to browse the whole file system to find the kernel. Moreover, because there is always a file changing on the disk, be it in /var/log or /home, for example, HEAD complains at every boot that some files have changed.

IMHO, the HEAD and GuixSD developers need to come together with a solution that allow to boot from /boot, using HEAD, even with a Guix system.

I can apply your suggested workaround, but I will need some help to understand how to adapt /etc/config.scm to copy the kernel to /boot, if it is possible, from the configuration file.

Roland Everaert
---
Use the F.O.S.S., Luke

Sent with [ProtonMail](https://protonmail.com/) Secure Email.