unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
* nnn with icons
@ 2020-08-20 11:21 Ekaitz Zarraga
From: Ekaitz Zarraga @ 2020-08-20 11:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix\@gnu.org

Hi,

Is anyone here using nnn terminal file browser?

I installed but I don't see icons. Do you know what should I do to make the icons work well with it?

Thanks!

* Re: nnn with icons
@ 2020-08-20 11:51 ` Fulbert
From: Fulbert @ 2020-08-20 11:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

On Thu, Aug 20, 2020 at 11:21:30AM +0000, Ekaitz Zarraga wrote:
> Hi,
Hello Ekaitz
> Is anyone here using nnn terminal file browser?
I don't, but…
> I installed but I don't see icons. Do you know what should I do to make the icons work well with it?
It says¹ "To see the icons correctly, install icons-in-terminal²."
¹ https://asciinema.org/a/353811
² https://github.com/sebastiencs/icons-in-terminal
> Thanks!
You are welcome !

* Re: nnn with icons
@ 2020-08-20 12:36   ` Ekaitz Zarraga
From: Ekaitz Zarraga @ 2020-08-20 12:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fulbert; +Cc: help-guix@gnu.org

> On Thu, Aug 20, 2020 at 11:21:30AM +0000, Ekaitz Zarraga wrote:
>
> > Hi,
>
> Hello Ekaitz
>
> > Is anyone here using nnn terminal file browser?
>
> I don't, but…
>
> > I installed but I don't see icons. Do you know what should I do to make the icons work well with it?
>
> It says¹ "To see the icons correctly, install icons-in-terminal²."
> ¹ https://asciinema.org/a/353811
> ² https://github.com/sebastiencs/icons-in-terminal

Yes but as nnn is packaged for guix I supposed someone uses it and has the icons set. The icons-in-terminal package is not packaged for guix (or I can't find it)...

> > Thanks!
>
> You are welcome !

Thanks again for your time!