unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
* packaging package with multiple git repos
@ 2021-08-27  5:04 Andy Tai
From: Andy Tai @ 2021-08-27  5:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

Hi, I am trying to create a package definition for a package which has
multiple git repos and is to be built with these repos checked out
together.  I am curious how can multiple source origins be expressed
in package definition?  thanks for examples for this.

--
Andy Tai, atai@atai.org
Year 2021 民國110年

* Re: packaging package with multiple git repos
@ 2021-08-27  6:56 ` Ricardo Wurmus
From: Ricardo Wurmus @ 2021-08-27  6:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andy Tai; +Cc: help-guix

Hi Andy,

> Hi, I am trying to create a package definition for a package
> which has
> multiple git repos and is to be built with these repos checked
> out
> together.  I am curious how can multiple source origins be
> expressed
> in package definition?  thanks for examples for this.

There is no generic way to do this.  We have an svn-multi-fetch in
(guix svn-download) that fetches named locations from an SVN
repository, but there is no comparable feature for git-download.

The common way to do this is to add more origins to the
native-inputs and place them where you need them to be in a build
phase after 'unpack.

--
Ricardo

* Re: packaging package with multiple git repos
@ 2021-08-27 10:22   ` Julien Lepiller
From: Julien Lepiller @ 2021-08-27 10:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix, Ricardo Wurmus, Andy Tai

One such example is opam (see "guix edit opam"), that needs four copies of another repository for running its tests. For that, we put the origin records inside the inputs field, and copy the contents in one of the build phases.